Sudbury House Dog Policy
At Sudbury House we are proud to be pet friendly, allowing dogs to stay in a selection of ground floor bedrooms. If you wish to bring your well-behaved dog along on your break please let us know at the time of booking as it is subject to availability. There is a limit two medium sized dog per room.
Dogs are charged at £20.00 each per night. A deposit of £100.00 is held until 24 hours after your departure.
· Dogs are permitted in the public areas of the hotel with the exception of the main restaurant and old house.
· Pets must always be on a lead whilst in the public areas of the hotel and grounds of the hotel.
· Unfortunately, some dogs are not as “house-trained” as we would have hoped which is unpleasant for other guests and expensive to clean up, we therefore regret that any damage will incur a charge. Typically, a dog soiling a carpet would incur a £100 clean up charge to cover the cost of external specialist cleaners attending site to carry out cleaning.
· The deposit may also be used for any additional cleaning required from heavy soiling in the bathroom.
· Pet owners are politely requested to clean up after their dog in the hotel grounds. (The dog waste bins are located in the main gardens near the fire escape of the dog friendly rooms).
· Owners must report any soiling or damage immediately to the Duty Manager who can provide the appropriate cleaning materials for you to clean up after pets. In the case of dogs urinating on carpets, we will bring in a specialist contract cleaner to have the carpet professionally cleaned to remove all trace as otherwise any slight residue encourages other dogs to do the same. The cost of this will be passed on and is approximately £100.00.
· We thank you for keeping your dog off of hotel furniture and surfaces.
· Pet owners are fully responsible for the repairs or replacement of any items soiled or damaged by their pets.
· Dogs should remain with you if you are leaving the hotel for any reason and should not be left unattended for long periods of time. If you are dining with us in the evening, we are happy for your dog to remain in the bedroom whilst you dine, as long as they are not causing a nuisance to other guests, barking or getting distressed. Please note that whilst we are happy for you to do this, any damage incurred by your pet will remain your responsibility and you are therefore liable for the costs of repairs.
· If you wish to have your dog with you during breakfast, please pre-book a table in our bar area
Should you have any questions please contact our reception team on: 01367 241272
Dog Friendly Breaks
Escape the hustle and bustle of everyday life and embark on a dog-friendly break at our hotel. Whether you're a pet parent looking for a relaxing break or an adventure enthusiast seeking outdoor fun with your furry friend, our hotel is the perfect destination for you and your canine companion.
The hotel has ground floor pet friendly rooms suitable for up to 2 well behaved dogs, with easy access to our gardens
Please ensure you contact the hotel to make you booking as space is limited